Children and Young People are an integral part of our Church family as our Charter affirms:
Charter for Children in the Church
- The full diet of Christian worship is for children as well as adults.
- Learning is for the whole church, adults and children.
- Fellowship is for all – each belonging meaningfully to the rest.
- Service is for children to give, as well as adults.
- The call to evangelism comes to all God’s people of whatever age.
- The Holy Spirit speaks powerfully through children as well as adults.
- The discovery and development of gifts in children and adults is a key function of the church.
- As a church community we must learn to do only those things in separate age groups which we cannot in all conscience do together.
- The concept of the ‘Priesthood of all Believers’ includes children.